Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fresh Start

As many of you know, I am a writer. I've designed and maintained a blog before, but then found a man, got engaged, packed up my stuff, moved, and changed locations of my day job. All in a year. I must say that as overwhelming as the entire experience was, I learned a lot about myself and happiness and priorities.

Now, as my destination wedding rapidly approaches and my writing career begins to flourish, I am back to blogging to capture the experiences of these new beginnings. (My parents, after all, didn't name me Dawn for nothing!)

So, with the help of my little fingers and this here keyboard, "My New Beginnings," will be a place, my virtual cubicle, where I sit and document the good, bad, and indifferent.

Welcome.

And for those who stumbled here by mistake, I am providing you with a few links to my written work, which you can cut and paste into the address bar and check out so that we are better acquainted:

http://www.nypress.com/article-19718-flavor-of-the-week-scammed-conned-and-(almost)-blinded-by-love.html

http://www.silive.com/opinion/letters/index.ssf/2010/02/here_a_tax_there_a_tax_everywh.html

And for my latest gig as Contributing Writer go to: www.cupidspulse.com

Now, I must run and tend to the short ribs in the oven... (Lord help us all!)

Looking forward,

Dawn



5 comments:

  1. I love it! Frankie Valli sang that song (Dawn) about you .....Pretty as a mid summers morn they called her Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And, I love-love-love summer mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must take the next step. Don't go though life saying I should have or could have do it
    you have a great guy behind you to back you up, take that next step and see where it leads you.
    If John Lennon didn't there be no Beatles, if DeNiro didn't there be no Taxi Driver no Ragging Bull if Columbus didn't there be no America and we would still think the world was still flat and I'm behind you all the way and so is your Mom so go get FAMOUS !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to hear this. :) It's totally scary, but I really think I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete