Monday, June 21, 2010

Are You There God?


No, it's not Margaret, it's me- Dawn. You know, the petite Italian that is sometimes loud, mostly ambitious, yet can easily frustrate? Well, I'm here God (yes, I admit it's a rare occasion) and I want your help. See, you've blessed me with an *amazing* man (thank you!) and as you may have heard, we're tying the knot; no denying that this is a very new and exciting time for me.

But, I 'm not here for that. Nope. Actually, today I want to talk about futures. As you know, my life is in transition beyond the changing of my marital status. You see, work has not been satisfying for a great long time now and I'm in need of change. My heartstrings are pulling me in the direction of my creativity, but teaching is what I've known for almost ten years. My gut is trembling slightly for fear of breaking out of routine and structure (which it craves) and steady paychecks (another craving), but my gut is also whispering, "Do it. Do it. Do it." So, maybe this is a good type of scared? Can I be scared in a good way?

I've been mulling over the idea that maybe I can incorporate teaching into the new creative job...hmm.

2 comments: